Here are the original five that Toni tagged me for, plus five more to make it interesting.
(10) Buying Books. This wouldn’t be a guilty pleasure so much if I had actually had money to burn, but I don’t. I just can’t help it; buying a book calms me, even if I know I won’t have time to read it for months to come.
(09) Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. So, so bad for me, but so, so good. I used to buy boxes of the stuff (meant for cooking), but it never quite made it to the oven… whoops!
(08) Fast Food. Again, so bad for me! It’s just very convenient and, embarassing to admit, sometimes tastes better than anything else that I might want. Hence the reason I’m chubby.
(07) Pop Music. I like to say that I have no musical taste because I’ll listen to just about anything. I love my pop music. Give me some Britney and some Christina and I’ll bop around the living room anyway.
(06) Cadbury Eggs. Is anybody else noticing an overwhelming presence of food on this list? I think that’s a problem. I love Cadbury eggs and when they go “out of season,” I get so bummed! Derek buys them for me to surprise me and I just light up. I’m easy to please.
(05) Harlequin Romance. While I love single title romances more, I do like to indulge in those categories every once in a while. I wish they were more.. accepted I think is the word I’m looking for here, so it wouldn’t have to be a guilty pleasure.
(04) Bookmarks. I call these a guilty pleasure because most bookmarks are a waste of money. I lose them and almost always end up using an old receipt or slip of paper anyway, but some of them are just so much fun. All decorated, with beads hanging off the end and fun quotes. I just can’t help myself.
(03) Lists. Have you noticed? I love to make lists. I make them when I clean house, I make them of books I’ve read, of books I own, of things I need to do. I love them. I blame it on my obsessive-compulsive personality. The same part of me that makes me organize my closet by color and sleeve length despite the rest of my house being a pig sty.
(02) Neopets. What can I say? I love feeding my little uni and playing games and buying her things with my Neopoints. It’s also a great time-waster.
(01) American Idol. I hate that I still watch this show. It’s getting so old and yet, like a car wreck, I can’t turn away. I’m one of the few that isn’t even a big fan of the bad auditions, either. I like listening to the good singers belt out their songs and I get all nervous that my favorite is going to be voted. I know. Pathetic.
So those are my ten guilty pleasures. Am I going to get made fun of now?