I was tagged a while ago by the ever-so-awesome Nathan of PhilosYphia to do a meme and, uhm, I’m a slacker and never got around to it. Until now! Because better late than never, yeah?
So, without further ado, seven things about yours truly that maybe perhaps you didn’t already know.
(1) I’m really really vain. If I leave the house and I feel like I look anything less than okay, I’m constantly picking and rearranging and hiding myself. In fact, whenever I sit down, I instinctively grab and hold a pillow against my stomach so my fat isn’t visible.
(2) I am a completely miserable sick person. I catch a cold and I whine whine whine. Really, I’m miserable. I’ve been sick for the last two days and I’m lucky that my husband hasn’t killed me dead.
(3) I am very sentimental and I hang onto just about everything. The intention is to scrapbook it later, but I haven’t actually completed a scrapbook in years. Which means I just have boxes of ticket stubs, flyers, photos, and other miscellaneous junk that I can’t bear to throw away.
(4) I am constantly waging war with my hair. It’s too frizzy, too dry, too coarse, too anything but perfect. So I cut it all off. New year, new cut, yeah? Now it’s too short. Sigh. I’ll never win.
(5) I have over a dozen books on writing. Hasn’t gotten a finished manuscript out of me yet…
(6) I would really like to take up knitting. I, however, lack the space for yarn. Plus, I have a bad habit of picking up hobbies (like scrapbooking), getting all the supplies for said hobby and then… abandoning hobby. I always come back to it, but there’s sometimes years in between.
(7) I have always wished that I didn’t have quite such a.. hmm… wholesome appearance. I said once that I wanted to try to look more punk. The reception was such, “Courtney? Punk? She could have spikes on a collar and she’d still look CUTE.”
I’m not tagging anyone ’cause that’s how I roll, but let me know in the comments if you decided to play along.