I learned a few things over this past fourth of July weekend spent largely with my family.
1) All it takes is a family of raccoons living in the treehouse for my family to be entertained for HOURS. Both in watching the raccoons (including two babies) and in debating the merits of letting them remain there and charging admission to this “nature refuge” vs the merits of draping their hides over the railing as a warning to future potential tenants of the treehouse. The majority of the family is for letting them stay. The homeowner is for draping the hides.
2) A full bottle of tequila does not last nearly as long as it probably should.
3) One two year old is capable of holding the attention of ten adults even when she’s sleeping.
4) If you’re picky when you order your food or drink (one shot of vanilla vodka in a martini glass that has to be chilled) in a restaurant, you will NEVER live it down.
5) Talking louder will only result in someone talking even louder over you.
I love my family. The whole crazy lot of them.