Once upon a time, in April of 2005 to be precise, I wrote a 100 Things About Me list. It was so hard to come up with 100 Things and as I was looking at it today, I realized how out of date it is. I thought I’d repost it with some updated comments. New audience, new things, new updates… seems like a good plan to me.
(100) I am a girl. Ha. If you hadn’t already figured that one out, there ya go. Thank goodness this one is still true.
(99) I asked my husband for one word to describe me and he says, “Oh lord, that’s a hard question! One word to describe Courtney… “Masterpiece” or “Genius.” You see why I love this man?! Well, we are no longer married, so I doubt he still thinks I’m a masterpiece or a genius. Probably mainly just a pain in his ass. 🙂
(98) I love to read. Still 100% legit.
(97) I can’t walk into a bookstore without buying a book. I think it is physically impossible for me. I actually am capable of doing this now. I’d like to say it’s willpower, but mainly it’s free ebooks.
(96) I want to own my own used bookstore. A quirky one that people will remember. Still true.
(95) I want to write a novel that I never see in my *used* bookstore. People will want to keep my book. I did write a book. Have not looked at it since writing the 1st terrible draft.
(94) I hate onions. Still devil’s food.
(93) I have diabetes type 2 and I think it blows. Still true and it still blows.
(92) I secretly kindof liked the movie Crossroads. I don’t know if I’d still like this movie or not… I haven’t seen it in years.
(91) I want a tattoo but I’m too chickenshit. Got one. Want more. Like whoa, want more.
(90) My tongue is pierced. Sadly, no more. Took that one out a few years ago and will never suffer through the pain of having it redone.
(89) My favorite perfume is Ralph Lauren Romance and I’m panicking because I’m almost out and the stuff is expensive. I don’t usually wear perfume anymore, but I do still really enjoy the scent of Romance.
(88) I love the color pink. Yeah, it’s ok. I like purple better.
(87) I adore children and can’t wait to have my own. I dislike most children. But I have one of my own that I really am quite fond of.
(86) I’m needy. I’m always looking for confirmation that I’m an okay person. Sadly, still true.
(85) I’m terrified of having a little boy because I have no idea of how to raise one. Still true. I don’t know what to do with boy children.
(84) I love Disney cartoons. Such comfort in Disney.
(83) I don’t really like dogs. They’re okay… but cats are way better. I’m still more of a cat person, but I kinda want a dog.
(82) Buying shoes is an addiction. Maybe if I had more money, but I don’t often buy that many shoes anymore.
(81) I would sleep with Johnny Depp in a heartbeat. Adam Levine first. Johnny second.
(80) I think Marilyn Monroe is one the most fascinating people that ever lived. She’s just…. fascinating.
(79) I collect anything with Marilyn on it. Books… purses… posters, everything. Still true.
(78) Leopard print is the bomb. Like I could ever stop loving leopard print.
(77) I still use out-dated sayings like “the bomb.” Forever a nerd.
(76) My mom died when I was 14 year old from breast cancer. If it was possible to change this one, I would have in a heartbeat.
(75) I don’t do regular self-exams because I’m terrified of what I might find. Still true, but I do try to get annual mammograms now. Reminds me I should ask my doc to book me for a new one.
(74) I’m an internet junkie and don’t really care that people think I’m a geek because of it. I’m not as much of a junkie as I used to be, but I’m still online a crazy amount of time.
(73) I need to lose about a million pounds. I lost about 30 of what I needed to lose. I have another 20-30 to go.
(72) I hate talking on the phone. Yup.
(71) People annoy me. Most of the time, I’d rather read a book. Ugh, people are mental.
(70) My birthday is August 5th. I’m a LEO. Yeah, that kinda stuff doesn’t change.
(69) I still smirk when I hear 69 because I’m just that mature. My maturity level sure hasn’t changed much in the last 8 years. I also still laugh at farts and fart jokes. MATURITY at its FINEST.
(68) I own a New Kids On The Block Greatest Hits CD. I do…. I think… but I have no idea where it is.
(67) I love techno music and country. Not so much techno anymore. Some country.
(66) Driving in Vancouver scares the crap out of me. Downtown Vancouver, yes, I hate it still. I have actually done it a handful of times now though.
(65) My favorite ice cream is either Half-Baked by Ben and Jerry’s or Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. But Double Fudge Brownie is up there, too… And mint chocolate chip, how did I forget mint chocolate chip?
(65) I’d rather have potato chips than chocolate on most days. Yeah, usually, though my sweet tooth has really upped its drive in the last few years.
(64) My newest accessory weaknesses are big chunky necklaces. And rings, big fat rings.
(63) I wish my boobs were smaller. I kinda embrace my bodaciousness these days. Not that it wouldn’t be nice to fit into some cuter clothes better suited for small-chest girls.
(62) I wasn’t a big hockey fan until I moved to Canada, now I cheer on the Vancouver Canucks whole-heartedly. (When there’s not a lock-out!) I haven’t watched a hockey game all the way through in years.
(61) I was just told I’m going to be a bridesmaid which makes me beyond excited. I thought I’d never be invited to be in anyone’s wedding! I have been a bridesmaid 2x. It’s a lot of work. Don’t know that I really need that particular validation again.
(60) I would like to be able to go horseback riding soon. I still don’t think I’ve been back on a horse. This needs to happen.
(59) I want to own my own horse. This is part of my 10 year plan. Which may be down to 9 years now.
(58) I collect cool advertisements from magazines. Not anymore, but I still have some of my favorites from years ago.
(57) I think Jennifer Crusie is a goddess. I still very much love her work.
(56) I can quote Princess Bride in its entirety. No more rhymes now and I mean it! Anybody want a peanut…?
(55) Scary movies piss me off because they terrify me so badly. Less pissed off about them, but I still get super scared and startle even more easily than usual after watching one on the rare occasion it happens.
(54) I have to sleep with a light on after reading a scary book. Yet I continue to read them. I haven’t read a scary book in a long time. Probably for this reason.
(53) I really want my friend Brian to read Sir Apropos of Nothing but he keeps putting it off. Putz. Could care less if he reads it or not. It’s a great book, though.
(52) Eclectic is my favorite word. Still is.
(51) I can’t stand George W. Bush. He’s still a stupid tool. But he’s not President anymore so…
(50) I think my dad is one of the most amazing men on the planet. I hope I never stop thinking this.
(49) Prozac Nation is one of my favorite books and was long before they started making a movie of it. I never saw the movie so I have no idea if it’s any good. I should reread the book- I think it’s been a decade or more since I read it.
(48) I’m a book snob- I don’t like books after they become too popular, eg. Practical Magic, Harry Potter. I also won’t buy the movie cover of the book if I can help it.
(47) My favorite board game is Cranium. Cards Against Humanity – favorite game ever. Cranium is still pretty fun.
(46) I love to play Crib. I haven’t played crib in years.
(45) I suck at all video games except for Sonic The Hedgehog from Sega. I played World of Warcraft for awhile, but I wasn’t particularly good at that either. I pretty much just don’t do video games.
(44) I think they should bring Bubble Bobble back for XBox. Bubble Bobble was fun.
(43) I can no longer say that I hate all reality TV because I’m addicted to The Amazing Race and Survivor. I don’t watch hardly any TV at all and I haven’t watched either Amazing Race or Survivor for many seasons now.
(42) I hate any reality TV show that makes a mockery of marriage and peoples’ relationships. Yup.
(41) I’m a cheap drunk. Heh. Yup.
(40) I asked Brian to describe me in one word and he said, “Kind.” I like to think that I’m still kind. We’re not friends really anymore, so I don’t know if he’d still think it of me or not.
(39) I laugh when other people trip on the sidewalk. But not out loud. I have to stifle the out loud part. I definitely still laugh.
(38) I was a staffer on Compuserve’s YDrive back in the day. Sure was.
(37) I can sleep for insanely long periods of time. God, I love sleep. Having a 5-year-old isn’t conducive to long bouts of sleep, though.
(36) I really want to go to Australia. In particular, Kangaroo Island ONLY because it is named Kangaroo Island. This isn’t high on my list of places I want to go and truthfully, had forgotten about it until I read this, but yeah, I’d go.
(35) My favorite holiday is the 4th of July. LOVE the 4th.
(34) I’m American but I’m living in Canada with my Canadian husband. In case you were confused. I am still American and still living in Canada, but no longer married.
(33) I love being on the water. One day, I will own a boat. I would like to own a boat still, but it takes a backseat to owning horses.
(32) I took a photography class in highschool and loved it. I would love to have a darkroom to work in. I am actually asking for a camera for Christmas this year and would like to take a photography class and relearn some of the skills I used to know.
(31) I drink about a million cans of pop a day. Diet, of course, because of the diabetes. It’s a habit I’ve tried to break countless times, but have not had much success with.
(30) I will do anything for a back rub. So still true.
(29) I also took a stained glass class in highschool and loved it. Another thing I’d like to do if I had the materials. Meh, it would be fun, but I have lots of things I’d rather do more.
(28) When I about 1 years old, still sleeping in a crib, I reached through the bars and had a hey-day with the baby powder that was within reach. I have the pictures to prove it. I can’t find the pictures, but the event still happened.
(27) I had to go to speech therapy in grade school because I couldn’t say anything with a “th” or an “r” or a “ch” very well. I still have a hard time with words like worm. Rural is a bitch for me to say.
(26) I’m really not as big of a dork as this list makes me sound like. Yeah, I am. Now I embrace it more.
(25) I hate coffee. But I wish I could like it. I still don’t drink the stuff. I’ve had the weird urge to try a pumpkin spice latte, though. Don’t know if I’d like it or not.
(24) I lost my virginity to a guy named Huckleberry. Some things just can’t and don’t change.
(23) I adore Christina Aguilera. She’s ok. She runs really hot and cold for me.
(22) I went knee-boarding once and almost drowned. That was 10 years ago. I haven’t done it since but I think it might be about time to try again. This is another one of those things that would be fun, I’d do it given the opportunity, but I don’t see myself actively pursuing doing it.
(21) I can’t stand being cold. I think summer should be a permanent season. I joke all the time that I should move to Arizona. Stupid cold.
(20) I get really excited when I get emails that are actually real letters. If you want to make me really happy you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I still like real letters and emails.
(19) I hate making idle chit-chat with the hairdresser. Just shut up and cut my hair already. I hardly ever go to the hairdresser anymore, but usually I bring a book to cut down on the useless pratter.
(18) I love to give people compliments. It makes people happy and it makes me happy in turn. Who wouldn’t want to make others happy?
(17) When I get really depressed, all I want to do is sleep. Wish I could say I’ve kicked the depression thing, but no, and yes, sleeping a lot is a big indication that I’m slipping.
(16) I’m indecisive. Don’t ever ask me to make an important decision on the spot. It’ll be bad news. Even minor decisions make me hem and haw for forever.
(15) I want to drive a red Volkswagon bug with black spots on it with a customized license plate that says “Lady B” Heh, I still think it would be fun, but it won’t ever happen.
(14) I used to drive a VW SuperBeetle that was named, “The Little Bugga That Could.” She had a hard time on steep hills. It was such a good little car, too.
(13) I cry every time I watch “My Girl.” I haven’t watched this in eons, but I can only assume that I would sob still.
(12) I cry every time I read any of Nicholas Evans’ books. The Horse Whisperer, The Loop, and The Smoke Jumper. These need a reread as well. I would probably still cry. No, scratch that. I just reread The Horse Whisperer in the last year or two. I didn’t cry.
(11) I can’t believe how insanely difficult it is to come up with 100 things about yourself. And how long it takes to reread and recomment on them all.
(10) Seattle, where I used to live, is my favorite city in the world. I still love Seattle. It’s so beautiful.
(09) I’m incredibly amused by the local news stations’ helicopter, “Chopper9.” You have to say it really fast like Molly Shannon from SNL would. Chopper9. Hee. I’m laughing right now. I laugh remembering when it came out. Now either they don’t sound so ridiculous, or I’m just too used to it.
(08) I think Buffy The Vampire Slayer was one of the greatest shows to ever be on TV. LOVE Buffy.
(07) I used to take kickboxing classes. I did, and I wouldn’t mind taking one again one day.
(06) I own more than 5 pairs of flip-flops. I actually don’t! I only have one or two!
(05) I sing in the car. Loudly. Badly. At the top of my damn lungs.
(04) I will NEVER sing karaoke. No matter how drunk I am. Won’t catch me doing it. Ever.
(03) I don’t get mad very often but when I do? It’s NOT pretty. Still also true, though I’m getting better about standing up for myself and my feelings.
(02) I love Denny’s cheese fries with ranch. Mmmm. Shari’s does it better. Denny’s put this weird cheese liquid crap on it that tastes gross.
(01) I may live in Canada, but shoot me if I ever say, “Eh.” I’ve caught myself saying, “hey” at the end of sentences. It’s frighteningly close to eh. I gotta watch that shit.
Ta da! Newly updated list of 100 things.