Here’s a few things that you should know about me:
1) I’m in my 30’s.
2) I looooove to read and to collect books.
3) I love to buy pretty underwear.
4) I’m an American who has relocated to Canada, but will probably be re-relocating in the new two years or so.
5) I have a daughter who I love and adore.
6) I pretend to be a writer.
7) I have only ever once in my life finished a tube of chapstick without losing it.
8) I could probably quote most of The Princess Bride. I’ve seen it A LOT.
9) Text speak makes me crazy.
10) I get irrationally angry and irritable when I hear people chewing. Ew.
11) I work in telecommunications and have for many years now.
12) My favorite word is eclectic.
13) I’m in the midst of a divorce which means life is not all full of drama. HA.
14) I think I have a real problem with an M&M addiction.
15) I’d keep buying Disney movies even if I didn’t have a small child.
16) I hate onions. I think they’re devil food.
17) I can be a bit needy. I like confirmation that I’m an okay person.
18) I have an obscene amount of shoes and I just. keep. buying. them.
19) My mom died when I was 14 from breast cancer.
20) I hate talking on the phone.
21) My birthday is August 5th which makes me a Leo.
22) I’d rather have potato chips than chocolate. Most of the time.
23) Scary movies make me angry. Because they scare me. And I don’t like being jumpy.
24) I’m fascinated with Marilyn Monroe. She died on my birthday – just, ya know, 19 years before I was born.
25) I used to have a pierced tongue. I sometimes regret taking it out, but will never get it done again.
26) My dream job would be to read the slush pile for an agent or editing company.
27) I have a feeling that when I pay off my car, I’m going to turn around and spend that money to lease a horse.
28) I’m a book snob – I don’t buy books with the movie covers and will often not read it at all if I hadn’t done so before it became a movie.
29) I dislike any reality TV show that makes a mockery of marriage/dating/relationships.
30) I will do anything for a back rub.
31) I enjoy hot chocolate, but think coffee is gross.
32) I really like making lists.
33) When I’m getting my haircut, I prefer silence to idle chit chat that means nothing. Just shush and cut my hair, please.
34) If you’re a guy and you have Berry as part of your name, it’s a given that I’ll fall for you. THREE different guys in high-school with berry, or some variation of berry, in their name had my heart.
35) I used to drive a 1973 Super Beetle that I named The Little Bugga That Could. She struggled on steep hills. She had a rusted out bottom.
36) Not only am I addicted to M&M’s, but I’m doubly addicted to Diet soda.
37) I laugh when other people trip on the sidewalk. But not usually out loud.
38) I don’t get mad very often, but when I do, it’s not pretty. My hurt is often mistaken for anger as I lash out.
39) I will NEVER sing karaoke. No matter how drunk I am.
40) I’ve been to Rome, Florence, and Pisa. My next goal is Athens and then probably Paris. With maybe a few Mexico trips in between.
41) I crack my knuckles and my neck. Both a lot.
42) Things need to be symmetrical for my heart to be happy. I’m a little OCD about it.
43) I avoid confrontation like the plague. Usually. Lately I seem to be immersed in it.
44) If onions are devil food, cupcakes come from angels.
45) I have an unhealthy obsession with office supplies.
46) I will fully admit to liking Britney Spears. I balance it with a dislike of Justin Bieber.
47) I am infatuated with pin-up girls. Gil Elvgren is my hero.
48) I don’t have cable and I am more than okay with that.
49) My collection of blank journals numbers near fifty. And most of them are still, uhm, blank. I should probably stop buying them.
50) If given a choice between light colored wood and dark, I’ll always opt for the dark.